Welcome to my blog!

My passion is creating things of beauty from nature. Serving the Greater Columbus, Ohio area and Central Ohio, I will work with you to make your wedding day fabulous and your flowers affordable. From centerpieces, to bouquets, to anything green or flowering... this is where gorgeous meets affordable.



July 16, 2011

Cranberry Red and White, Creating a Classic Bouquet

Today I delivered this beatiful bouquet to Bexley, Ohio... composed of deep red gerbera daisies with white roses to create a very romantic, classic look.  I used an amazing large white rose called Rose 'Proud' which stood up nicely to the very large deep red gerbera daisies.  From my garden, I collected cone flowers and removed the petals from them to show off the spiky texture of the cones for accents.  Italian ruscus, one of my favorite foliages, was added for a touch of green. 




Up-close and personal... here's a good look at the flower selections used in the bride's bouquet.  I loved the added twist created by the coneflower heads.  Using these suddenly turned this bouquet into something unique and out-of-the-ordinary! 


A look at one of the mother's corsages... incorporating 1 gerbera and 2 roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment